Built on a long tradition of excellence, Mechanical Engineering has become synonymous with accomplishment and leadership in engineering education and research. The mission of the undergraduate curriculum is to prepare its graduates to embark on professional engineering careers as educated, responsible citizens, who have both the motivation and ability for lifelong personal and professional growth.
We are strong in the fundamental disciplines of mechanical engineering and in various thematic areas such as: Aeronautical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Design and Manufacturing, Dynamics, systems and controls, Energy and Environment, Fluid Mechanics and Machinery, Mechanics and Materials, Thermal sciences, Computer Integrated Manufacturing and Mechatronics. For the purpose of development of the technical talent and ability of the students, the department is equipped with experienced and dedicated senior faculty and young talents in different streams of Mechanical Engineering.
- Production Engineering Lab.
- Heat and Mass Transfer Lab.
- Thermal Engineering Lab.
- Hydraulics and Fluid Machinery Lab.
- Instrumentation Lab.
- Mechanical Workshops.
- CAD/CAM Lab.
- Apart from providing theoretical cognizance in the field of Robotics, we have a full fledged Robotics Lab with 6-axis Robotic arm and other CNC machines.
- The specialization of the faculty members includes CAD/CAM, Aeronautical Engineering, Production Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Farm Power Machinery and Energy, Engineering Design and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Our mechanical CAD Lab is equipped with state of the art design packages like Solidworks, CATIA, Unigraphics, IDEAS, SIMULIA, ProE, Nastran and Patran apart from basic packages like Autocad and ANSYS.